(Click on the link to view specific webpage)
- Macquarie Digital Portraiture winner announced – Tasmanian artist Nik Lee has won the Macquarie Digital Portraiture Award, worth $10,000.
- Community Arts and Cultural Development Awards announced – Dr Paula Abood, Sarah Emery, and Lenine Bourke are the award recipients for the Community Arts and Cultural Development Awards.
- Video competition aims to overcome election apathy – With the Millenial Generation switched off politics, the Museum of Australian Democracy is hoping creative opportunity will help.
- IPAF ATOM Award Finalists announced – The Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM) have revealed the finalists for the IPAF ATOM awards.
- UK Critic severely pans Royal Academy’s latest exhibition ‘Australia’ – A British newspaper has dismissed a landmark Australian art exhibition as ‘weedy, provincial and all too European’.
- Iconic musicians get revamped in ACMI’s Spectacle: The Music Video Exhibition – An escapade into sound, movement, and vision, Spectacle: The Music Video Exhibition will make its debut at ACMI on 26 September.
- DancED programme aimed to connect education with professional dance – New education opportunities by Sydney Dance Company aim to provide in-depth insights into the professional dance industry.
- Asian arts network meets in Oz for first time – Australia will host a key international performing arts even for the first time next year.
- Art exhibition pays tribute to Jeffrey Smart – Curated by his long time friend David Malouf, this art exhibition is a must see for any Smart fan.
- Latest coup to open new multimillion dollar space – The Royal Academy of Arts heads to Bendigo for its Australian debut, opening the gallery’s brand new facilities.
- 2014 Hobart Baroque program announced – New international talent adds fresh culture to the Hobart Baroque 2014 program.
- Ten Days on the Island offers first taste of new programming approach – Full of saucy, witty and skillful acts, the new program offers an array of cultural experiences.
- Sydney Independant Theatre Company announces new season – The company’s 2014 season at the Old Fitzroy Theatre aims to entertain, inspire and challenge audiences.
- 2013 Telstra Ballet Dancer Award announced – A Victorian dancer described as ‘the complete package’ has won the $20,000 cash award.
- WA’s Big Apple deal gets sliced – The Art Gallery of Western Australia has been forced to abandon a six-exhibition deal with the Museum of Modern Art in New York half way through, due to spiralling costs and poor revenue.