It’s day 15 young writers! We’re halfway through June, so now would be a good time to touch base with your NYWM writing goals.
Are you up to date with your goals? If you’ve managed to keep a consistent diary entry, have a read back and see what kind of progress you have made.
Plenty of you might be lagging behind and losing steam, so in order to help out, we’ve compiled a list of advice to get your motivated and inspired:
– What makes a good writer from the perspectives of good established authors. (Yes, we know its from Oprah, but we all need a little bit of Oprah every now and then!)
– The best quotes about writing from some of the world’s most amazing writers to inspire your beautiful creative minds.
– John Green, author of The Fault In Our Stars, gives writing advice to emerging writers on YouTube
– Famous advice from famous writers, as featured on Brain Pickings.
And just for fun, watch these videos on YouTube:
– ‘You Can Do It!’ video.
– And of course our beloved princess of pop Britney Spears says it like it is – you better ‘work b****!
Good luck everyone!
Opportunities and events
We’re always on the lookout for writers to be featured as part of NYWM. If you’re happy to answer a few questions about you and your writing, please fill out this form.
Thought about writing your own memoir or detailing your life’s achievements? South Australia Writers Centre will be hosting an event called ‘Writing Personal Essays’ on June 21. earn to tell your own stories in essay form. Through personal essays we share the memorable and ordinary moments of our lives creating stories that are unique and universal, reflective and alive. Event details are here.
“The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.” —Andre Gide